NEW Amore Food Wholefoods Market shop & newly opened Amore Food Cafe now located at 1a Sarah Street, Timaru (behind Specsavers & The Landings in Timaru) -
email firstname.lastname@example.org | ph 0276440745 or 03 6866549 | FB - Amore Food Market & Cafe | Instagram @moreishmore
Lift any meal with the vibrant colour and taste of Ruby Perfection. This kraut is a mix of red and white cabbage with caraway seeds. The name comes from a variety of red cabbage named Ruby Perfection, which I thought was such a beautiful name. The addition of caraway seeds not only adds to the flavour but adds many health benefiting nutrients, vitamins, minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidants.
Looks and tastes amazing in a salad. Sprinkle with olive oil, walnuts and fresh herbs for a wonderful kraut slaw.
Health benefits of fermented foods
As Donna Gates says in her book ‘The Body Ecology Diet’. “Raw cultured veges have been around for thousands of years,but we have never needed them more than we do today. Rich in lacto-bacilli and enzymes, alkaline forming and loaded with vitamins, they are an ideal food that can and should be consumed at every meal.”
Here is a list of just some of the benefits :
-People have been eating fermented foods for thousands of years willingly, and even longer accidentally. The evidence shows there’s definitely something to it.
-They aid digestion lessening the energy drain on your body . (A healthy adult’s digestive system can absorb up to 20% of the nutrients available in any given meal – with a fermented food like sauerkraut eaten at the same time this can increase nutrient absorption up to 80%.)
– They help to eliminate toxins from the body
– They help to restore a healthy balance of good and bad bacteria within the intestines
– They help to reduce sugar cravings (hellooooooo this is reason ENOUGH!)
– Eating animal protein creates toxic by-products in the intestines and by eating the veggies WITH the animal protein, it helps to turn these toxins back into healthy amino acids
– They are extremely alkalising and cleansing for the body. (They may make you a little gassy to begin with but once you get everything cleaned out then it will all start working nicely!) I had to go there…these things are important! A toxic colon is a toxic body people!
– They increase your longevity. (As they allow you to reserve your body’s own enzymes for digestion, your body is better equipped to repair cells, eliminate toxins, strengthen your immune system etc)
-.They are perfect for pregnant and nursing women as they provide a healthy inner environment for good bacteria and can help alleviate morning sickness! Plus the liquid from the veggies can help relieve the babys colic
-Sauerkraut juice can introduce some friendly bacteria for bottle fed babies who are not receiving beneficial bacteria from their mothers breast milk.
– They assist in restoring normal stomach acidity which then triggers the pancreas to produce its own enzymes to digest food.
– Raw sauerkraut juice has been used as a remedy for worms. The helpful bacterium Lactobacillus plantarum is a dominant strain of bacteria that is known to actively keep pathogens in check.
-Phytochemicals are created during the fermentation process which assist in boosting the immune system.
-Sauerkraut and its juices are a traditional folk remedy for treating constipation and have a soothing affect on the nervous system.
-They are rich in vital nutrients and minerals such as calcium and potassium, as well as magnesium and an abundance of vitamin C & K.
– Are more effective than a probiotic supplement.
I could go on and on and on….