Niugini Organics raw 100% organic virgin coconut oil is extracted without the application of heat at any stage thereby ensuring the retention of the original levels of tocopherol antioxidants (Vitamin E), the weapon of choice against free radicals. Niugini Organics coconut oil contributes to a sustainable balance between productive independent farmers and thriving wild ecosystems.
Niugini Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is a healthy, delicious and high in lauric acid product which aids your body’s natural shield against ill health.
• Raw 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• Unrefined, unbleached and not deodorised
• Wild harvested, beautiful, raw and delicious
• Stylish reusable Kilner glass jars
No preservatives or additives
•100% hand finished on site by the Tolai peoples of Gunanur, Napapar and Vungogo villages on the island of New Britain, PNG- supporting local industry & community
The first product developed along these lines was Niugini Organic 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. When the organic quality of PNG’s coconuts was realised, the villagers were encouraged to harvest the nuts commercially for the first time in decades, and a small modern plant was built to extract the virgin oil without heat. After extensive lab analysis in Aus, our mill was able to meet and exceed the minimum quality standards to produce an excellent raw unrefined, not bleached or deodorised, single-origin, 100% organic virgin coconut oil.
Fresh from the shell, the coconut meat is quickly cold-pressed and left unrefined to preserve the natural nutritive essence of the coconut This is the source of all Niugini Organic Coconut Oil. Today, under a fair trade scheme that ensures that the villagers are paid a fair price for their coconuts, our smallholder plantations have been transformed into a happier, healthier and more prosperous place.
The first-ever commercial shipment of organic virgin coconut oil from PNG direct to Australian retailers was completed in December 2008.
Organic Coconut Virgin Oil Integrity:
• Sight – Crystal clear when liquefied, immaculately white when crystallized
• Smell – Fresh and light coconut aroma, reminiscent of the fragrance of freshly expressed coconut milk
• State – Solidifies/Crystallizes in temperatures below 23°C as proof of its unadulterated nature
• Taste – Slightly sweet and mild coconut essence