When time is of the essence & you’re wanting a quick, light, crunchy & nourishing bread to go with your fast blender winter veg soups or hearty casseroles then this is the one for you. Using high protein & low gluten ingredients like Organic Spelt & Amaranth flours, the Omega 3 rich Chia seeds & the super brain food of Organic Coconut Oil happily fill your family with this healthy whole food bread that is piping hot in under an hour with no bread maker required.
You may just decide to make it more than once a week it’s that quick & tasty.
3 ½ C Organic Spelt Flour (can use White or Wholemeal or a mix – white flour will produce a lighter loaf)
½ C Ceres Organic Amaranth Flour (plus 1 TBSP for sprinkling on top later)
3 TBSP Ceres Organic Chia Seeds (I used the black ones)
3 TBSP Organic Linseed
1 Tsp Himalayan Pink Salt (fine)
300 ml Beer (Organic if you prefer but not low alcohol, I like a dark Beer personally)
100 ml Kefir (I use either coconut water kefir or raw milk kefir) or plain natural yoghurt
½ C Organic Coconut Oil (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 200oC.
2. In a bowl throw all dry ingredients & stir thoroughly so well combined.
3. Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients & pour the wet ingredients (mix will be quite wet & sticky but not runny, add more flour if too wet)
4. Stir well with knife & dollop into a coconut oil greased loaf tin. Sprinkle 1 TBSP of Ceres Organic Amaranth Flour on the top.
5. Bake for 30 – 50 minutes in oven (all ovens vary greatly) until risen, nicely browned & loaf sounds hollow when you tap the bottom of loaf tin.
6. Serve with lashings of organic coconut oil or butter & your favourite winter soup.