This recipe takes your usual sugar laden, carb loaded brownie & super charges it to the max with the powers of raw Cacao powder & nibs. It’s dense so it’s actually really good for you with the added benefit of being dairy, refined sugar & gluten free & all whipped up in 5 minutes in the Optimum 9400 Blender. You won’t believe that it’s healthy, as it tastes so good! All information including my Special Super Food Brownie Combo pack & all the health benefits can be found at Kelly’s website. Visit www.more2u.co.nz.
Brownie Ingredients Combo pack including laminated recipe card here: Superfood Brownie Combo Pack
200g Dates (Iranian preservative free ones on more2u website)
3/4 C Boiling Water
200g Coconut Oil (use either Blue Coconut cooking or Organic Wild for mild coconut taste & weigh out & gently melt)
4 Free Range Eggs
1 C Life Foods Organic Raw Coconut Sugar (low GI of 35 – good for Diabetics)
3/4 C Life Foods Organic Raw Cacao Powder (one of the highest antioxidants on the planet)
150g Almond Meal/Flour (on the more2u website as well in 150 g packs or could use Coconut, buckwheat flours or Spelt if not needing gluten free)
1. Preheat oven to 160oC fan bake. Put the kettle on to boil. Line base & sides of your chosen tin (rectangle - 20cm x 28 cm approx) with baking paper.
2. Roughly chop dates & pour over the boiling water in a glass jug & add baking soda, dissolve & soak chopped dates for 5 minutes before adding to your Optimum 9400 blender.
3. Add gently melted Coconut Oil & blend on high until you get a smooth paste consistency.
4. Add eggs, Coconut Sugar, Cacao Powder, Almond Meal/Flour, Baking Powder & Cacao Nibs & pulse until just combined, scrape down sides of blender jug or use tamper & pulse again until well combined.
5. Pour into lined baking tin & spread evenly & bake for 40- 50 minutes until the middle is set & the brownie is just coming away from the edges. Allow to cool before cutting. Keeps well for a good week in the cake tin & freezes well also.
6. Serve with your own homemade Mascarpone or Kefir Cream mixed with Heilala Vanilla Paste (make the day before so it sets in fridge) & fresh berries or some Goji Berries & extra Cacao Nibs.
Kelly More – Email: email@example.com for tips & recipes!